The Katz JCC offers a wide array of employment opportunities including full time and part time opportunities. For those interested in a fast paced, high energy environment in a family friendly atmosphere, employment with the JCC offers the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
Throughout the year, the JCC seeks highly motivated individuals for positions in our fitness, membership, early childhood education center and other departments.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Available for Full & Part Time Staff
- FREE Fitness Center Membership
- Discounts on JCC Programs & Services, Early Childhood Education Center Childcare Fees & Camp Tuition
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time Based on Full & Part Time Status
Interested in Joining the Team?
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Complete the employment application below and return it to the Katz JCC via email at email@example.com. For more information, contact Jamie Cohen at 609.822.1167 Ext. 115.
Contact the JCC today to learn more about the available positions.
The Milton and Betty Katz JCC is seeking an experienced, all-year Day Camp Director who will be responsible for the administration and management of Camp By The Sea, as well as other duties. Responsibilities include the development of programs and activities furthering Jewish identity through the integration of Jewish values/life/culture into camping programs. Successful candidate will serve as a member of the JCC’s Program Staff team, responsible for the strategic direction of the day camp, the development of summer, weekend and off-season programming and rentals.
The Camp Director will be expected to serve as a catalyst, motivator and innovator of programs and services that will cultivate relationships with community and families with Camp By The Sea; while providing the highest quality day camping programs and services in accordance with national standards. Other responsibilities will be developed based on the background of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years’ experience in a related field or a master’s degree, with 2 years related experience, in an area of recreation or human services or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of day camp management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, EXCEL, and Outlook) and Camp Management Software knowledge a plus.
- Ability to articulate the JCC vision and implement into action.
- Ability to form warm relationships with multiple constituencies, including parents, campers, staff, lay leaders and future donors.
- An understanding of program design focused on social, emotional and physical growth for children and youth.
- Jewish literacy and commitment to building community.
- Experience in developing and managing a budget which is a major contributor to the overall Agency budget.
- Experience leading, motivating, supporting and managing staff in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to motivate others, work with a team and be able to develop a team
- Must be resourceful, and be able to plan, and be a strong strategic thinker.
- An understanding of the camp as a larger part of the JCC
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
Summer Camp Counselor
We are currently accepting applications for Junior Counselor positions for those who will be entering the 11th or 12th grade this upcoming Fall. For the Head Counselor and Specialist Camp positions, we are accepting applications from college students, certified teachers, and all other adults with degrees or experience in education.
Exciting NEW Bonuses for New & Returning Staff:
- FREE 12 – Month JCC Individual Adult or Teen/Student Membership
- 100 BONUS for Returning Staff
- $250 BONUS for completing the entire Camp Schedule (June 22-August 19)
- No References Required for Returning Staff
Apply today at campbythesea.org
Fitness Floor Associate
The Fitness Floor Associate shall be responsible for the implementation and administration of member safety on the wellness floor, instructing members on proper use of the fitness equipment, and keeping all the cardio and fitness equipment clean and safe.
- Must have the physical endurance to stand for extended periods of time
- Be on the fitness floor to talk with and assist members
- Monitor the cardio, upper deck, stretch area, free weight rooms continually for member service and safety
- Be alert of new and existing members exercise techniques and be able to talk and assist members as needed
- Follow the deep cleaning schedule
- Follow and sign off on daily cleaning schedule
- Maintaining overall cleanness of machines and equipment
- Walk through of the Free Weight Room, Cardio Fitness Floor, and basketball courts every 20 minutes
- Reports to Fitness Director
- **Signing Bonus**
Early Childhood Teachers & Assistant Teachers
The JCC is seeking qualified Early Childhood Teachers & Assistants to join our team. Candidates must be warm & friendly, reliable, patient, energetic team players. Must have strong communication skills, and love working with children. We offer a warm and friendly working environment with a lot of perks, including membership and benefits full time employees.
We offer child centered, family-oriented programs for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child’s natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful, and developmentally appropriate environment. We also support the whole family, through programs and activities designed to build community and engagement for parents and caregivers.
- Maintain the safety of patrons in and around the pool.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Represent the JCC of Atlantic County by maintaining a professional attitude.
- Communicate and enforce all JCC regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to the Aquatics Director.
- Attend ALL scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and help facilitate staff training.
- If unable to work, find a substitute and email the Aquatics Director with sub date and sub.
- Perform patron surveillance with a rescue tube from the guard stand. Remain alert and use all senses while guarding. BE RESCUE READY
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during pool operation hours.
- Tests the water record results, and report imbalances to supervisor.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Set up pool for various activities such as lap swim, open swim, aqua classes, lessons, etc.
- Respond to an emergency and activate EAP.
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training. (Never give anyone medication. Recommend that all injured patrons seek professional medical attention. Complete all injury reports in black or blue ink immediately and give to Aquatics Director)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skills in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skill evaluation – 300 yard continuous swim and tread water for 2 minutes with hands under armpits.
The Jewish Community Center of Atlantic County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.