The Katz JCC offers a wide array of employment opportunities including full time and part time opportunities. For those interested in a fast paced, high energy environment in a family friendly atmosphere, employment with the JCC offers the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
Throughout the year, the JCC seeks highly motivated individuals for positions in our fitness, membership, early childhood education center and other departments.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Available for Full Time Staff
- FREE Fitness Center Membership
- Discounts on JCC Programs & Services, Early Childhood Education Center Childcare Fees & Camp Tuition
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time Based on Full & Part Time Status
Interested in Joining the Team?
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Complete the employment application below and return it to the Katz JCC via email at email@example.com. For more information, contact Jamie Cohen at 609.822.1167 Ext. 115.
Contact the JCC today to learn more about the available positions.
Adult Enrichment Coordinator
The Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator develops cultural and educational programming working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. This gives our community an opportunity to explore the numerous cultural, educational, recreational and social activities for adults. The Coordinator will help them learn new skills, travel the world, discuss current events, and much more. Offering a myriad of recreational, social and educational programs for adults that provides the opportunity for personal growth, intellectual enrichment, skill development, and social networking.
The Adult Enrichment Program Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling the programming mission, to be the center of arts and culture at the Katz JCC. Through the curation, development, and implementation of programming which includes film, literary/author events, music, special events and performances, lectures, and art.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday; flexible hours. Weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Direct cultural arts and educational programs, developing and managing the scope of events, classes, lectures, and art gallery space(s)
- Cultivate lay leadership and work with committee volunteers to develop programming and grow participation
- Develop programming partnerships and coordinate with contracted programs and service providers for the efficient and effective delivery of programs and services
- Create annual program budgets and manage spending on a regular basis.
- Implement a marketing plan to generate program participation and event ticket sales
- Must have exceptional communications skills
- Ability to work independently and within deadlines
- Strong customer service experience and approach with the ability to interact with the public and staff in a positive, enthusiastic, and courteous manner
- Detail-oriented to ensure the precise execution of programs and events as planned
- Ability to work as a team with other members of the staff
- Presenting and reinforcing a professional appearance and maintain the JCC’s appearance and dress code standard at all times
- Thrives in an environment where situations change and adapting to change is second nature
- Must have knowledge of computers, particularly word processing and customer service management software – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Summer Camp Counselor
We are currently accepting applications for Junior Counselor positions for those who will be entering the 11th or 12th grade this upcoming Fall. For the Head Counselor and Specialist Camp positions, we are accepting applications from college students, certified teachers, and all other adults with degrees or experience in education.
Exciting NEW Bonuses for New & Returning Staff:
- FREE 12 – Month JCC Individual Adult or Teen/Student Membership
- 100 BONUS for Returning Staff
- $250 BONUS for completing the entire Camp Schedule (June 22-August 19)
- No References Required for Returning Staff
Apply today at campbythesea.org
Fitness Floor Associate
The Fitness Floor Associate shall be responsible for the implementation and administration of member safety on the wellness floor, instructing members on proper use of the fitness equipment, and keeping all the cardio and fitness equipment clean and safe.
- Must have the physical endurance to stand for extended periods of time
- Be on the fitness floor to talk with and assist members
- Monitor the cardio, upper deck, stretch area, free weight rooms continually for member service and safety
- Be alert of new and existing members exercise techniques and be able to talk and assist members as needed
- Follow the deep cleaning schedule
- Follow and sign off on daily cleaning schedule
- Maintaining overall cleanness of machines and equipment
- Walk through of the Free Weight Room, Cardio Fitness Floor, and basketball courts every 20 minutes
- Reports to Fitness Director
- **Signing Bonus**
Early Childhood Teachers & Assistant Teachers
The JCC is seeking qualified Early Childhood Teachers & Assistants to join our team. Candidates must be warm & friendly, reliable, patient, energetic team players. Must have strong communication skills, and love working with children. We offer a warm and friendly working environment with a lot of perks, including membership and benefits full time employees.
We offer child centered, family-oriented programs for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. Educated and trained professionals bring deep commitment and a love of children to our classrooms. We foster a child’s natural instincts and curiosity by providing a nurturing, comfortable, joyful, and developmentally appropriate environment. We also support the whole family, through programs and activities designed to build community and engagement for parents and caregivers.
- Maintain the safety of patrons in and around the pool.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Represent the JCC of Atlantic County by maintaining a professional attitude.
- Communicate and enforce all JCC regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to the Aquatics Director.
- Attend ALL scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and help facilitate staff training.
- If unable to work, find a substitute and email the Aquatics Director with sub date and sub.
- Perform patron surveillance with a rescue tube from the guard stand. Remain alert and use all senses while guarding. BE RESCUE READY
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during pool operation hours.
- Tests the water record results, and report imbalances to supervisor.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Set up pool for various activities such as lap swim, open swim, aqua classes, lessons, etc.
- Respond to an emergency and activate EAP.
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training. (Never give anyone medication. Recommend that all injured patrons seek professional medical attention. Complete all injury reports in black or blue ink immediately and give to Aquatics Director)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must be CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skills in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skill evaluation – 300 yard continuous swim and tread water for 2 minutes with hands under armpits.
The Jewish Community Center of Atlantic County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.