The Katz JCC offers a wide array of employment opportunities including full time and part time opportunities. For those interested in a fast paced, high energy environment in a family friendly atmosphere, employment with the JCC offers the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
Throughout the year, the JCC seeks highly motivated individuals for positions in our fitness, membership, early childhood education center and other departments.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Available for Full Time Staff
- FREE Fitness Center Membership
- Discounts on JCC Programs & Services, Early Childhood Education Center & Camp Tuition
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time Based on Full & Part Time Status
Interested in Joining the Team? Complete the employment application below and return it to the Katz JCC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Jamie Cohen at 609.822.1167 Ext. 115.
Contact the JCC today to learn more about the available positions.
Front Desk/Welcome Center Associate
The Welcome Center Associate is a customer service professional with a flexible schedule including evening and weekend shifts. The Welcome Center, located in the JCC Main Lobby is the central location for member inquiries, check in to the facility and enrollment in members and other programs. Welcome Center Associates assist with member and guest check in and are the first and main point of contact with members while they are at the JCC.
Responding to member inquiries both in person and by telephone
Completing transactions and administrative projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Strong interpersonal skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Ability to multi-task
High energy, enthusiastic, fast paced, meticulous and thorough mindset is a must
Fitness Floor Associate
The Fitness Floor Associate shall be responsible for the implementation and administration of member safety on the wellness floor, instructing members on proper use of the fitness equipment, and keeping all the cardio and fitness equipment clean and safe.
- Must have the physical endurance to stand for extended periods of time
- Be on the fitness floor to talk with and assist members
- Monitor the cardio, upper deck, stretch area, free weight rooms continually for member service and safety
- Be alert of new and existing members exercise techniques and be able to talk and assist members as needed
- Follow the deep cleaning schedule
- Follow and sign off on daily cleaning schedule
- Maintaining overall cleanness of machines and equipment
- Walk through of the Free Weight Room, Cardio Fitness Floor, and basketball courts every 20 minutes
- Reports to Fitness Director
- **Signing Bonus**
Early Childhood Teachers & Assistant Teachers
Full time, qualified Early Childhood Education Center and Preschool Teachers and Assistants lead and direct learning in our Preschool for children ages infant through Kindergarten. Candidates must be warm & friendly, reliable, patient and energetic. Teaching staff members must also be a team player as we rely on our entire staff to create a safe and nurturing environment for our children and families. Applicants must have strong communication skills and a desire to learn our curriculum and procedures.
Benefits included for full time employees.
- Maintain the safety of patrons in and around the pool.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Represent the JCC of Atlantic County by maintaining a professional attitude.
- Communicate and enforce all JCC regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner.
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to the Aquatics Director.
- Attend ALL scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and help facilitate staff training.
- If unable to work, find a substitute and email the Aquatics Director with sub date and sub.
- Perform patron surveillance with a rescue tube from the guard stand. Remain alert and use all senses while guarding. BE RESCUE READY
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during pool operation hours.
- Tests the water record results, and report imbalances to supervisor.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Set up pool for various activities such as lap swim, open swim, aqua classes, lessons, etc.
- Respond to an emergency and activate EAP.
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training. (Never give anyone medication. Recommend that all injured patrons seek professional medical attention. Complete all injury reports in black or blue ink immediately and give to Aquatics Director)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must be CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skills in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skill evaluation – 300 yard continuous swim and tread water for 2 minutes with hands under armpits.
This is a full-time entry level (0-3 years of experience) graphic designer position with collaborative responsibilities between Jewish Family Service and the Milton & Betty Katz JCC. Responsibilities include ongoing production of marketing items, design and layout of in-house marketing materials, and print advertisements and packaging. This position works in tandem with the respective marketing/communications teams for fundraising, direct mail, branding and social media materials/campaigns and to design and develop projects from beginning to end.
- Entry level position, minimum of Associates degree in graphic design
- Strong Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Great sense of design, typography, logos, and layout, as demonstrated by your portfolio
- Excellent communication skills
- The talent to develop creative concepts, collaborate on designs, and incorporate changes recommended by department heads and marketing team members
- Ability to maintain brand identity
- Awareness and knowledge of Social Media and the latest trends
- Time and project management skills to meet deadlines efficiently
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Free membership to the Katz JCC
- Employee discounts including childcare
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
The Jewish Community Center of Atlantic County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.